Parking and Transportation
- Car Problems: A guest with car trouble in one of the HP Pavilion at San Jose parking lots after an event may go to the security desk located inside the building at the corner of St. John and Montgomery Streets. The security officer will assist in arranging for help.
- Directions: Driving directions can be found at here.
- Parking Spaces: There are over 6,000 parking spaces located within a ½ mile radius of the HP Pavilion at San Jose. Approximately 1500 spaces are located on-site in the large parking lot next to the building with entry from either Santa Clara or Julian Streets. There are another 500 spaces in the lots less than one block from the building off Santa Clara Street at Autumn, Montgomery and Cahill Streets. There are many other parking lots located throughout the area, usually opening 2.5 hours prior to the scheduled start time of the event. Click here to view a map of the area showing the parking lots. The charge for parking ranges from $10-$20 for most events and may be paid by cash only. Please check the Schedule section for the parking charge at a specific event at Schedule. There are designated accessible parking spaces for disabled guests at both entrances. The parking attendants or San Jose Police in the area can direct you to the locations. In order to park in one of the designated spaces, you must have a disabled plate or placard. Standard parking rates apply for parking in the disabled parking spaces.
- Passenger Drop-off and Pick-up Zones: There is no stopping on Santa Clara Street in front of the HP Pavilion at San Jose. Passenger drop-off and pick-up zones are located across the street on both sides of Montgomery Street (across from the Grill) and on Autumn Street (across Santa Clara Street from the South Entrance). Disabled guests may be most conveniently dropped off and picked up at the North Entrance curb. The driver will be required to pay for entry into the parking lot, but will be reimbursed on the way out after dropping off the disabled guest. The ushers will be happy to assist the disabled guest into the building and escorting them to their seat if desired. For pickup after the event, the driver would return to the same North Entrance curb. The ushers will be happy to escort the disabled guest back out to the drop off point.
- Public Transit: HP Pavilion at San Jose is conveniently located across the street from San Jose Diridon Station. Caltrain provides train service from Diridon Station going north to the Peninsula and San Francisco and south to Gilroy. Please note that the last northbound train departs Diridon Station at 10:30pm on Monday-Saturday and at 9:00pm on Sundays. The last train on Monday-Saturday will be held until 15 minutes after the end of a Sharks game if necessary. Please note the last norhtbound train on May 5 will depart at 9PM. There will not be any post-game playoff service. Click here for the Sharks schedule from Caltrain. Due to logistics and economics, Caltrain has elected not to hold trains after concerts. In addition to Caltrain, ACE (Altamont Commuter Express) and VTA (Valley Transit Authority) buses also services Diridon Station. The VTA Vasona Light Rail also serves the HP Pavilion at San Jose area with a light rail station near Diridon Station and on San Fernando Street at Delmas Avenue. The Vasona Light Rail service connects Campbell to HP Pavilion at San Jose and beyond to downtown, north to Mountain View and south to Santa Teresa. Please check http://www.vta.org/ for full VTA light rail schedules.
- RV Parking: RVs may park in HP Pavilion at San Jose parking lots for events, paying for the number of spaces used based on the per space rate for the particular event. There is no overnight parking in HP Pavilion at San Jose parking lots.
- Sharks Prepaid Parking: Season ticket holders with Comerica Bank Club seats as well as other select lower bowl seats may purchase prepaid parking books prior to the start of the season, guaranteeing them of a space in the main onsite parking lot. Other Sharks guests may park in the main lot if space is anticipated to be available after prepaid pass holders and disabled guests are accommodated.